- Born to Dr. Anjaneyalu and Dr. (Mrs.) Subburathinammal on 31st August 1955 at Anakaputhur near Chennai City.
- “B” certificate in Siddha Issued by the government of Tamil Nadu
- MD(Alternative medicine)
- M.A (Gandhian Thought)
- Honorary Doctorate from Mother Theresa University kodaikanal.
- Specialized in infertility cure, Obesity, Dermatology (Dan druff, hair fall & beauty care)
- Rendering service to the society for more than 35 years in the field of infertility.
- Honorary Lecturer at the Aringar Anna Government Siddha Medical College, Chennai.
- Submitted research papers to Dr. A.B.J. Abdul kalam about Siddha system.
- Received special award from the then honorable chief minister Dr. M. Karunanidhi on 25.10.1990.
- Delivered speech two times in Nala vazhu programme in Madras Doordharshan.
- Delivered speeches three times in All India Radio, Madras on treatment for infertility in Siddha and “unavea marunthu, marunthae unavoo”.
What made Dr. Jamuna to take infertility as a specialty?
Initially Dr Jamuna started her practice treating disease of liver, abdomen and skin disorders. One day a lady was brought into her clinic who attempted to suicide by drowning in water. When enquired for reason to attempt suicide, patient attainders told that the lady did have a child after marriage and her husband threatned for re-marriage. She examined the couple and found that the husband is having problem. She treated the couples and the lady conceived after two months. This incident made Dr. Jamuna to think why only women should hold responsible for infertility.
A woman who is not blessed with a child within a year or two after her marriage, harassment of the in-laws, threatening of her husband’s remarriage and above all, the title “barren lady” bestowed on her by the society made Dr. Jamuna to set in search of a remedy for such affected ladies. What made her more adamant and dedicated was the way these ladies were exploited by other medical professional personalities giving them false hopes. She carefully studied and analyzed the fore said problems faced by an affected female and wondered her why only female should hold responsible and not husband. And if at all Medical assistance was needed way the husbands refuse themselves to be subjected for investigation and examination.